The 2021 Show and Auction is a go!
4-H and FFA members from across the county will come together to exhibit their animals throughout the week and a highlight is claiming a coveted sale spot in the Auction. The 2021 auction will be held on Saturday, March 27, 2021.
This is an opportunity for the local community to support Denton County youth involved in agriculture projects with market animals being auctioned off to the highest bidder.
The 2020 fair was canceled due to COVID-19, but loyal community members help raise over $45,000. In 2019, more than 400 members competed in 22 contests scheduled throughout the week, culminating with a live auction on Saturday where more than $350,000 was awarded to 190 students. Premiums are utilized by participants to save for college and/or to continue next year with another project. The benefit for the buyers is the assurance of and rewarding a young person for a job well done.
The last year has proved to be a challenge. It is more important than ever that we enable our youth to be leaders. The future of agriculture and so much more depends on the interests we are fostering today. As always, any contributions collected will be tax-deductible.
We truly appreciate you being a continued supporter of the time-honored Denton County Youth Fair that has been supporting youth in agriculture since 1975. Our #1 goal is to encourage our youth by providing them with opportunities to better themselves. Thank you again for your interest in supporting our exhibitors.
We need your help! The 2021 show and auction is just around the
corner. To help facilitate a safe environment we have changed up the way our auction will look and run this year! All silent (food) and live auction activities will take place outside in the show arena.
- We ask that you register as a buyer ahead of time through our online form. We will do our best to be as contactless as possible and will have a packet waiting on you at check-in.
- We will not have our traditional buffet lunch this year, however, box lunches will be available to those who RSVP by Sunday, March 21, 2021.
- Buyer groups will be limited to 3 people in the arena, and each person will need to register under that buying group.
- We will be complying with local COVID-19 guidelines with hand sanitizing stations, masks and social distancing enforced. We ask that you comply with local guidelines. We will send updates out as the guidelines are rapidly changing.
- All add-ons must be paid in full and have a minimum amount of $10.00. The only add-ons that will be billed are to buyers who purchase animals sold through the auction.
For 2021, we are committed to raising more money for more kids and have set a goal to increase our commitment to $400,000. We need your help to accomplish this goal. Please mark your calendar for Saturday, March 27, 2021, to attend, buy an animal project, and support our next generation of leaders.
We understand with the current pandemic, you may not feel comfortable attending this year, and you will be missed. We will save your seat to attend in 2022. If you are unable to attend, please consider donating to the Youth Auction through our secure online website.
2021 Auction Event Schedule
11:15 am - Box Lunches Available and Silent Auction opens
12:30 pm - Live Auction Begins
1:30 pm - Silent Auction Closes
A special thank you to all our past Auction donors.